Birmingham, Alabama VA Health Care System
VA is providing the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
VA is now offering Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to Veterans, spouses and caregivers who have already received a full series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at least six months ago. Not all VA facilities are offering Pfizer booster shots. Learn more about COVID-19 booster shots in VA.
You can also receive your Pfizer booster outside of VA. You can locate a vaccine site at https://www.vaccines.gov/search/. Make sure to take your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when you go!
We continue to encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated.
The Birmingham VA Health Care System is currently vaccinating all all Veterans, regardless of their VA health care enrollment status, as well as Veteran’s spouses, caregivers and some beneficiaries - now including adolescents ages 12-17:
- Birmingham VA Clinic, 2415 7th Avenue S., Birmingham, AL 35222
- Huntsville VA Clinic, 500 Markview Road Northwest, Huntsville, AL 35805
To better assist Veterans and their families, the Birmingham VA Health Care System is providing a centralized call center to schedule appointments for COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccinations are by appointment or walk-ins Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and subject to supply availability. Please call 1-844-435-0505, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., to schedule an appointment at the location nearest to you.
There are 4 ways to schedule an appointment:
- Respond to the scheduling text message if you receive one.
- Schedule online by using your User ID and Password and sign into MyhealtheVet with your premium account at https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home, click on the Appointment tab to schedule your appointment.
- Contact the Birmingham VA Call Center at 1-844-435-0505
- Contact your VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic below to schedule an appointment:
- Anniston/Oxford CBOC - 256-832-4141
- Bessemer CBOC - 205-428-3495
- Childersburg CBOC - 256-378-9026
- Gadsden CBOC - 256-413-7154
- Guntersville CBOC - 256-582-4033
- Huntsville CBOC – 256-533-8477
- Jasper CBOC - 205-221-7384
- Shoals Area CBOC - 256-381-9055
- Birmingham, Alabama VA Health Care System
Hours of Operation
By Appointment Only