VA » Health Care » Birmingham, Alabama VA Medical Center » Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) mobile app
Birmingham, Alabama VA Medical Center
Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) mobile app
By Chris Routt
Monday, November 21, 2016IMPORTANT NOTE: VAR is currently only available to VA patients at the West Haven Campus in the VA Connecticut Healthcare System who are seeking primary care appointments. Please do not attempt to schedule other types of appointments or appointments at other locations through the VAR App at this time. Contact your local facility to schedule an appointment at any other location. Please check back for updates on the national release of the VAR App.
If you are a Veteran enrolled in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care system, the Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) mobile application (app) allows you to directly schedule or request primary care and mental health care appointments at facilities where you already receive care. With the app, you can also view your appointment details, track the status of requests, send messages about the requested appointments, get notifications about appointments, and cancel most appointments.
- Schedule primary care appointments
- Request dates and times for primary care and mental health appointments
- See details for all pending, confirmed and upcoming appointments (both those requested through the app or through a VA scheduler), including date, time, clinic, care team and reason for visit
- Send up to two messages to a VA scheduler about requested and booked appointments
- Get email notifications about appointment updates
- Cancel an appointment if you are unable to make it to that appointment